Job Title: Snapchat Editor
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Editor
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value..
Purpose of role:
The Sun’s Snapchat channel is the most popular in the UK and delivers our stories to a brand new audience. We are looking for a passionate, committed editor to lead the team, creating and editing content tailored to this audience whilst looking out for new areas of innovation.
- Lead the editorial Snapchat team, working alongside the Digital Design Editor
- Manage the editorial staff, creating rotas, signing off pay and taking responsibility for recruitment and PDRs where appropriate
- Support the Commercial Team as required, representing Snapchat at events and pitches
- Conceive ideas for stories and features for the daily edition and for future features and development
- Brief writers and designers then edit those stories to to conform to The Sun’s Snapchat style
Key Skills and Experience:
- Writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher
- Managing at least a small team in a publishing environment
- Briefing both writers and designers, experience of motion graphics desirable
- Strong knowledge of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a demonstrable understanding of The Sun’s Snapchat style
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice