JOB TITLE: Station Engineer
Wireless Group is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited.
The group operates 23 leading radio brands across the UK and Ireland. These include market leading stations embedded in their local communities as well as popular national brands such as talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
As well as radio, Wireless Group operates a growing digital services division incorporating Simply Zesty and Tibus.
The group is also a leading provider of digital radio broadcasting opportunities in the UK through its DAB multiplex business and operates a successful international division under its talkSPORT brand.
Wireless Group, part of the News Corp portfolio of brands, is a world renowned global media business, so there’s no better place to start or develop your career in media.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Maintenance of all broadcast and associated equipment and services.
- To maintain, and service where appropriate, all broadcast equipment and services.
- To prepare Outside Broadcast equipment.
- To maintain all system and wiring records.
- To attend and operate Outside Broadcasts as required.
- To implement small scale projects as requested.
- To assist operational staff in the use and operation of broadcast equipment.
- To deputise for the Senior Station Engineer as necessary.
- To be able to respond to all requests on own initiative.
- To engage with operational staff and be able to propose solutions to problems.
- To take on other responsibilities as reasonably requested
- To be able to keep calm and analyse courses of action in all situations.
- To be able to communicate technical matters to non-technical staff.
- To be able to appropriately represent the company when dealing with external organisations.
Wireless Group (GB) Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice