Job Title: Head of Engagement
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Editor
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The Audience Development Team is an integral and growing part of Sun Online, and includes Social Media, SEO and all other areas involving the distribution of the Sun’s content and growth of our on and off-platform audience. This team is key in implementing the business-wide strategy to meet targets and will continue to grow to incorporate new skills and responsibilities.
Purpose of role: To devise and implement a strategy for increasing reader engagement across The Sun Online and deliver against agreed KPIs.
- Devise an engagement strategy which whilst focussed on editorial activity will also champion key activities within other teams such as product and marketing
- Work closely with multi-discipline teams to ensure an editorial viewpoint is heard and solutions are fit for purpose
- Ensure that engagement projects are clearly identified, defined and fit into the broader strategy for the business
- Work with the analytics teams to ensure the reporting needs of the newsroom are met - constantly streamlining the data delivery to ensure the most relevant and actionable information is served
- Use data to create processes for content recommendation to the newsroom - driving it through to ensure delivery
- Support the wider Audience Development team in key activities related to driving and deploying the engagement strategy
Key Skills and Experience:
- Track record of delivering global audience growth for a major publisher
- Excellent stakeholder-management skills
- Unflappable under pressure
- Comfortable with presenting at board level
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice