Job Title: Digital TV & Showbiz Reporter
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital TV & Showbiz Editor
Do you love celebrities, watching TV (and getting paid for it) and mingling with famous faces at showbiz parties? Are you obsessed with all things showbiz, Love Island and the soaps and can find your way from Roy's Rolls to the Rovers? Do you want to work for the UK's biggest and best showbiz team? Well, we're hiring!
The Sun's digital showbiz team is looking for talented and passionate showbiz reporters to deliver high quality entertainment news to our loyal audience who rely on us for all the daily gossip. You will be working in a fast-paced and exciting environment at The Sun reporting writing about the biggest TV shows, the world's most famous faces, interviewing showbiz stars on camera and reporting from red carpets, parties and press events.
You must have ample experience working as a showbiz journalist or be working on a celebrity website, be brimming with new ideas, have a bulging contacts book and thrive working in an exciting, fast paced newsroom environment.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
- Great showbiz exclusive stories in The Sun often set the showbiz agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all showbiz, digitally and in the paper
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the Digital Showbiz Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line mangers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Must haves – skills and experience
- Minimum of regional newspaper experience
- Must be flexible
- Bulging contacts book
- Must be proactive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.