What’s the job? Forward Planning Editor/TV Writer (maternity cover, June/July start)
Where do I work? The Sun - TV Magazine
Who’s my manager? - Editor
Why are we here?
To ensure TV Magazine has the best knowledge of upcoming TV shows, schedules, casting, filming plans and new commissions so we outshine all other TV magazines and supplements.
How do we contribute?
By working closely with schedulers, PRs, industry experts and insiders to ensure the editorial team have unrivalled forward-planning information.
What’s my personal contribution?
- To liaise regularly with TV PRs and schedulers both on the phone, by email and in person to keep on top of the TV schedules and have a clear view of when key TV shows are due to air.
- To find out about all new TV shows that are in production so the TV & Features Editor and features team can arrange access.
- To have the key responsibility of effectively feeding that forward-planning information back to the editorial team.
What are my accountabilities?
- To create and edit weekly listings list for previews – regularly updating as the schedules change – and to write previews when needed.
- To attend screenings/Q&As and other events out of normal working hours as required for production of the magazine or requested by superiors, and to frequently show willingness to do so.
- To work necessary hours required and offer flexibility where needed to meet expectations as set out above and the demands of weekly deadlines.
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct.
- A strong knowledge of all the key high-rating TV shows and soaps and ability to determine their relevance to TV Magazine and its readers.
- An expert knowledge of TV shows, celebrities and soap.
- Relevant experience on a magazine or newspaper
- Willingness to go the extra mile and ability to turn hand to interviews, real-life features, copy-editing and preview writing
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.