SEO Editor (Casual)
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value. Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a daily go-to person for journalists and reporters seeking advice or improvements to articles
- Report each morning on the top SEO keywords driving traffic
- Make recommendations to journalists for relevant keywords and keyword combinations to target on articles
- Report each morning on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics and doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events e.g. Olympics
- Monitor trending data for newsroom suggestions and pass to editorial desks
- Optimise top pages for relevant keywords
- Forward link top traffic driving pages to other more recent articles to encourage circulation
- Monitor daily output and ensure relevant cross linking in articles e.g. ensure 2 other articles links in copy, relevant anchor text and links to topic pages. Either by editing themselves or by working with the relevant desk
- Ensure articles and pages are correctly tagged
- Build out topic pages and tag existing articles
- Edit or ensure that picture captions are suitably written and include crawlable/indexable data e.g. Taylor and Tom take to the skies in private jet vs The couple boarded her private jet
- Edit and/or complete metadata on topics and articles
- Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment
- Good understanding of the principles of SEO
- Experience of optimising websites for SEO
- Familiar with a range of SEO tools
- Experience of working within Wordpress
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.