Activation Project Manager
Wireless Group is a leading UK media company and part of the News Corp portfolio of brands. We operate four national radio stations including talkSPORT, talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Project Manager to join the Activation Team.
The Activation Team are an integral part of the sales department transforming Sponsorship and Promotion deals into live radio pieces and executions across our social and digital platforms. The goal of the team is to ensure that our client’s expectations are met and we deliver the highest standards of service.
You will report to the Head of Activation and be part of a team of six people made of up Project Managers and Project Assistants.
You will be responsible for managing key accounts and implementing several multifaceted campaigns across our brands
Your main duties will include:
- Building strong relationships with clients and agencies, as well as all the relevant internal departments within The Wireless Group and News UK
- Writing and proof-reading scripts for on-air competitions, reads and features
- Sourcing prizes for competitions
- Winner management
- Coordinating commercial video shoots, outside broadcasts and events
- Managing campaign budgets
- Helping the sales team to develop ideas for campaigns
- Using the booking system (GES) and audio-editing software on a daily basis to compile PCA’s (post-campaign analysis) and audio montages for clients
- Assisting junior members of the team will also come under your remit as and when required
- Managing ad hoc projects
- Working with suppliers
Candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great at admin
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Fantastic people skills
- A willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for radio
- An understanding of the OFCOM code and all compliance associated with running on-air competitions is required
- Creative thinking
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
If this sounds like you hit APPLY
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.