News UK, is a full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at our heart. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the English-speaking world: The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun - reaching 30 million people each week. We publish a vast range of content reaching diverse audience and all our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism which connects with our customers.
Our Department, Technology, has people and product at its heart. Christina Scott, CIO of the Year 2016, leads the department. With many years experience transforming technology in media companies she has set out our vision of passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent.
Our Team, Sun Engineering, is part of a thriving engineering community in Technology who design, develop and operate all of News UK's customer facing products and platforms. We are ushering in a new age of products, focusing on new technologies and platforms that will drive our strategic goals across the eco-system, starting with the core website and including a portfolio of products such as Dream Team, Sun Football and others.
Who are you?
- A natural leader who can steer a team in a positive direction.
- Foster and build culture within your team using the values that we set out as an organisation
- You encourage and drive an open source way of development abiding by open source principles
- You drive evolutionary and challenging architectural solutions which maintain cohesiveness across the organisation as a whole
- You thrive on speaking at events and meetups about what we do
- You take responsibility for knowledge sharing across our co-located engineering teams
- You always have an eye on the industry trends
- You ensure we follow industry best practices
- Experience creating / contributing to an open source project
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Architected and built performant, scalable, resilient public facing products
- Experience in Node JS and Express
- Experience in AWS cloud platforms
Bonus if you have:
- An understanding of SEO and SEO development practices
- Experience building applications with high traffic volumes
- Experience in advertising technology
Benefits at News UK
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Private Medical scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Access to electronic childcare vouchers
- Interest free commuter loans
- Volunteer days
- Cycle to work scheme
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.