Marketing Manager, Sun Racing
What’s the job? Marketing Manager, Sun Racing
Where do I work? Sun Marketing Team, News UK
Who’s my manager? Planning & Communications Director
Marketing Manager, The Sun
What’s my personal contribution?
To be the owner and guardian of all Sun Racing marketing plans, overseeing all internal and external marketing campaigns above and below the line - from radio and print briefs, to digital & social media plans. To be the lead contact for editorial across all Sun Racing digital products. To be the owner of The Sun Racing brand guidelines acting as brand guardian for all comms, alongside the Planning and Comms Director. To manage campaign creative output from start to finish, ensuring all advertising adheres to guidelines, and works for its audience, creatively and promotionally. To work with our media agencies to develop paid and social media campaigns for Sun Racing.
- To be the lead on digital marketing plans, to land brand and promotional messages during marketing campaigns
- To be a key player in the planning process for Sun Racing, and the delivery of marketing plans for Sun Racing
- To lead the conversation with the editorial teams on all digital properties, attending digital conference where necessary to inform product developments
- To be an interface between Marketing and The Sun editorial, co creating marketing activities and managing the day-to-day activities which support the achievement of total sales, circulation and brand goals in UK and the regions
- To develop and report on campaign and KPIs and report progress and results of marketing campaigns
- To work with the Head of Digital on all output of campaign deliverables in the digital space
- To lead conversation with BI, using data and brand tracking to drive learning’s and driving regular intelligence to guide marketing
- To work closely with the CRM Manager to output and deliver all direct customer facing comms.
- Social: moderating live blog and chat.
- Oversee the implementation of marketing activities with key partners where applicable
- Continually manage both internal and external stakeholders, and all processes in driving on-going effectiveness of campaigns, including regular performance review and budget
- Understanding The Sun marketing values, its positioning and key competitive advantages and translate this into meaningful and effective marketing solutions.
- Sound horse racing knowledge
- An understanding and experience at using a variety of marketing and communication levers
- Experience at managing budgets and evaluating activity effectiveness
- Preferably a deep knowledge of and experience in the media industry, and digital platforms and KPIs
- Commercially and organisationally astute
- Experience and proven ability to influence editorial and securing buy-in to integrated product and marketing plans
- A passion for our brands
- First-rate communications skills including outstanding ability to brief 3rd party’s and colleagues, managing the day to day relationship with editorial and partners
- PowerPoint and presentational ability
- Good negotiation and relationship skills and an ability to operate within a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
Sun Racing is home of the number one Horse Racing print title in the UK (Favourite) and attracts a third of all UK horse racing bettors. Sun Racing is looking to expand its team as it expands its horse racing operation in print, web and app.
Sun Racing is part of Sun Sport.
Sun Sport's world-class content attracts an audience of over 11m people, via The Sun, thesun.co.uk/sport and dreamteamfc.com in print, online and in app.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.