Mid Level Motion Graphics Designer
1 Year FTC
Purpose of role: We are looking for a mid-level designer to work on The Sun Online team, focusing on graphic design and motion graphic design.
We are looking for someone with strong graphic design skills, specialising in Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as having strong skills in motion graphics specialising in After Effects.
You will mainly be focusing on our Snapchat channel creating bespoke animations on a daily basis.
You will also be tasked with creating graphics, for example, logos for The Sun Online as well as other graphics.
Qualifications And Skills
- You will have experience in a creative/design agency
- You must be highly self-motivated, positive and self-starting as well as a team player
- Strong creative and technical skills in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator specifically. Cinema 4D skills are a bonus.
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Great communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environment
- Passionate about design and understand how to deliver award-winning creative animations
- Good general knowledge of UK TV and celebrities
- Good grasp of The Sun brand, both print and digital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.