Role: Head of SEO, Maternity Cover
Where: The Sun Online
Reporting to: Head of Audience Development
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value. Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Purpose of role:
You will lead the development of the site’s digital growth strategy via search through implementation of regular keyword research, monitoring of trends and content optimisation.
You will manage a large team of SEO editors and reporters and must be willing to take a very hands-on approach to the production and overall quality of content being produced for SEO purposes.
Reporting to the Head of Audience Development, you will work closely with the editorial departments as well as the social, production and commercial teams to drive growth and meet strategic targets. You will be responsible for keeping SEO principles at the heart of all editorial and technical decisions.
- Develop and implement the SEO strategy across The Sun newsroom
- Maintain and develop current editorial SEO workflows and identify new content areas for content creation
- Drive technical improvements and liaise with different departments to ensure strategic SEO needs and objectives are met
- Work closely with both commercial and editorial departments
- Lead a team of SEO editors and reporters
- Overall responsibility for ensuring SEO best-practice is adhered to across the website
- Monitor algorithmic changes and developments and recommend actions to relevant teams
- Perform regular competitor analysis and identify opportunities to improve and overtake in key markets
Key skills and experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun and Fabulous brands, both print and digital
- Newsroom experience essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.