Job title: Sales Support Assistant - Maternity Cover
- Administration for the Sales and S&P teams
- Assist in the planning and booking of local client campaigns and manage this process with traffic to ensure effective, legible booked orders go to air.
- Prepare presentations for the sales team using PowerPoint
- Keep abreast of forthcoming events and assist with the development appropriate ideas/ opportunities for commercial sponsors
- Work within desired cost parameters
- Understand reach, frequency and how to cost a campaign
- Maintain and monitor all necessary spreadsheets and databases using Excel
- Ensure station is appropriately represented at all events by organising appropriate branding
- Liaise between sales and programming teams
- Carting and running of advertising logs
- Update and maintain figures on CRM and sales boards
- Taking minutes at appropriate meetings
- Responsibility for petty cash and ticket sales
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Directing calls and queries to relevant departments
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Book DHL/Couriers/Transport as required
- Set up conference rooms as required along with ordering beverages/food if needed.
- Updating calendars and booking of conference rooms
- Liaising with accounts to check invoice payments etc.
- Supporting the creative Hub
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.