Job Role - Sales Director – The Times & Sunday Times
Department - News UK Commercial
To manage and drive the sales team. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and implement the sales strategy to drive growth in advertising revenues across the Times and Sunday Times portfolio
- Work with the agencies and clients (where appropriate) to forge efficient and engaging ways of doing business
- Deliver against revenue targets as required by the business
- Represent The Times and Sunday Times sales team at external and internal meetings; build strong working relationships with editorial departments, the Managing Director and the marketing teams.
Primary responsibility for achieving The Times and Sunday Times revenue objectives across the print and digital portfolio
- Work with the Trading Director and day-to-day trading teams to develop and drive a strategic vision for all negotiations and sales efforts for current and future growth
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer in all areas of setting and forecasting revenue objectives and delivery. Manage on-going budgeting and forecasting as required
- Work with the Senior Leadership Group to develop and evolve the sales strategy for The Times and Sunday Times
- Work with the Trading Director to optimise contracts and manage all major trading issues where appropriate
- Extensive knowledge of all our products, services and audiences across all platforms
- To have and continue to develop senior relationships within the agencies through to Investment/ Trading Director level and above.
- To work with the Client Strategy Director to ensure key clients are being serviced and revenues developed to the benefit of TNL
- Maintain effective internal communication of the business, status of agency deals and the market overall
- Proactively find and develop new revenue sources and business partnerships
- Inspire the team to deliver great propositions executed to the highest possible professional standards; set clear expectations of what those are and maintain quality of output
- Be at the forefront of new trends and practices in agency sales and build a leadership position for News UK in the agency arena
- Representing the Commercial department positively at title meetings and in all dealings with editorial and other Exec Management within the News UK business
- Extensive leadership experience of running and developing a high performing media sales team
- Extensive knowledge of senior agency personnel
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships within advertising agencies
- Demonstrate the ability to develop excellent stakeholder management and cross functional relationships
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.