What’s the job? Times+ Loyalty Executive
Where do I work? News UK – Sales and Marketing, 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF
Who do I report into? Times+ Loyalty Manager
Sales and Marketing Department
The News UK Sales and Marketing department is made up of Marketing & Sales, and Customer Experience, working together to deliver the Sales & Marketing vision. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and different
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the life time value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
What’s my personal contribution?
- To support all aspects of the Times+ programme, from ad hoc to longer term partnerships/rewards as well as digital, CRM and event support within the team that helps drive retention, support acquisition and adheres to Times+ loyalty strategy
- To execute and develop mutually beneficial Times+ partnerships which deliver maximum value for subscribers of The Times and Sunday Times
- To add value to The Times, Sunday Times and Times+ brand by assisting in the creation and delivery of promotional plans that supports the Marketing Strategy
- To deliver a great customer experience that also delivers on business/team targets and report on results and success accordingly
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- In conjunction with the Loyalty Manager and Partnerships team, execute all year round and media partnerships which involve Times+ activity in line with the rewards strategy including liaising with these partners on agreed Times+ promotions that run and ensuring they are executed on brand.
- In conjunction with the Loyalty Manager and Partnerships team, identify, develop and secure fruitful partnerships with brands/partners in line with key content pillars and rewards strategy that provide high value competitions, ad hoc offers and events that deliver tangible and measurable benefits and build customer engagement
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across News UK. Develop relationships with retention, sales, engagement and brand teams as well as key editorial and commercial stakeholders with the support and direction of the Loyalty Manager to ensure that Times+ is maximised to its full potential
- When working with partners across all pillars ensure that News UK is regarded consistently as a valuable and trusted partner to work with
- Execute the Times+ in paper space plan, booking and briefing in ads and ensuring that Times+ is promoted accordingly in these channels via brand guidelines
- Support the Loyalty Manager and Digital and Social Editor on all aspects of the online and digital proposition including making online pages, sending out the weekly newsletter, briefing in online ads, integration within the main product as well as digital and CRM projects related to the wider Times+ strategy and how this fits within a digital landscape to encourage new audiences and retain high value customers
- Identify event opportunities with partners in conjunction with the Loyalty Manager and Events team and where necessary attend and help execute events to support the wider team
- Administration support including putting presentations together, researching wider market, trends and customer behaviour, updating on Times+ in wider TNL meetings and assisting in the management of the Times+ budget and raising POs
- In collaboration with the Loyalty Manager, ensure that all the above is reported on regularly and effectively amongst the wider business.
- Drive an on-going culture of innovation and improvement, creating and developing processes that will drive efficiency and effectiveness whilst continuing to ensure that customers are delighted.
What do I Know
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Understanding and experience in working with a loyalty programme that demonstrates how to bring value back to the customer as well as the business
- Proven experience engaging and working with third party partners and brands effectively over long and short-term periods
- Proven ability to deliver activity, creatively, on time and without mistakes.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced, high pressured organisation, ideally within the media industry and be a collaborative and team player
- Effective communicator, with great listening, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive in putting forward ideas. Ability to lift the team with their optimistic can-do attitude.
- Understanding of the digital landscape and how to utilise digital channels to engage customers
- Ability to create strong creative briefs that align to editorial and brand strategies.
- Excellent copywriting skills that are consistent across all communications.
- A clear understanding and enthusiasm of the product and our subscribers to ensure that content and positioning are correct at all times and that customers are fully engaged.
What do I Show?
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C’s
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.