What’s the job? Senior Sales Executive – Travel
What’s my personal contribution?
Reporting to the Travel Manager, the Senior Sales Executive is responsible for selling the News UK print and digital portfolio to a specific set of clients and agencies that contribute to the travel team and departmental budgets. Working to set key performance indicators, this individual will provide an industry leading customer experience through external meetings, proposals, presentations, email and telephone contact.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Takes accountability for maximising share, yield and revenue of an assigned set of clients and agencies, and with the support of the Team Manager, develops a strategy to achieve this
- Manages the day to day running of the Times, Sunday Times and The Sun travel sections, liaising with planning, editorial and other commercial contacts to deliver a high quality product to deadline
- Achieves revenue targets through both new business development and effective account management
- Full accountability of leads assigned and proactively sources new leads
- Identify new business opportunities with new travel clients and agencies, achieving revenue targets through new business development and account management
- Conduct effective meetings, with full preparation including set objectives, agendas, and a comprehensive follow up for every appointment
- Delivering excellent service to both direct clients and media agencies including delivering feedback on campaign performance; acting as a point of contact for any troubleshooting; delivering effective and creative sales proposals, presentations and negotiations
- Uses research data and market intelligence to create bespoke proposals both proactively and in response to briefs
- High levels of telephone, email and face to face sales activity
- Has a clear understanding of the travel industry and strives to become an expert within their assigned vertical, has full knowledge of the competitor set across all media and understands our position within the market
- Maintaining a clear understanding of client needs, future plans and commercial objectives
- Is responsible for frequent reports of territory revenue, sales, opportunities and potential issues to their Team Manager
- Build a strong internal and external profile for the Travel Team of News UK, understanding the importance of networking and attend relevant industry events to develop existing relationships and new business opportunities
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Multiplatform experience – our portfolio comprises print, digital, video, social, events, radio (The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Unruly, Storyful, Wireless). Particular confidence needed in print and digital sales with willingness to continually develop knowledge and skills
- A strong ability to influence key decision makers
- Proven track record of success in professional, target-driven media sales
- The desire to be part of a fun yet hardworking team in a fast moving inspirational environment
- Passionate about travel and media
- Commercially driven and able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels
What do I Show Essential Behaviours
- Ambitious to succeed and deliver results
- An instinct for taking a proactive approach to identifying new business opportunities and creating commercial strategies
- Customer-focused and understands importance of service delivery excellence
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.