What’s the job? Head of Partnerships & Solutions - Scotland
Where do I work? News UK Commercial, Glasgow
Who’s my manager? Deputy Head of Sales (Scotland)
Who reports to me? Partnerships & Solutions Project Manager (Scotland)
What is the goal of this role?
The Head of Partnerships & Solutions role is responsible for driving solutions & partnerships business via the Scottish agency and local market throughout all News UK platforms; they will be the senior lead in conversations across this patch. The role is responsible for the quality and ideas output of their patch and pro-actively developing new business.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day internal management of the Partnerships & Solutions team, including sales, solutions and performance development. They will be responsible for the team’s budget delivery, working closely with the London teams; generating and answering briefs to create commercial content that is aligned with our brands and adds value to the reader, meaning they will need to develop strong editorial and marketing relationships.
What are my accountabilities?
The brief and the challenge
- Create & develop senior relationships with key clients & agencies to be at the forefront of all media owner briefs
- Work with the Deputy Head of Sales and the Head of Sales to develop a strategy for pro-actively developing new business from your agency group
- Work with Head of Sales to establish a pro-active business budget by category and agency
- Responsible for helping deliver the strategy, and budgets, through the identification and development of new business opportunities
- Write a clear business plan for Content & Solutions which can be measured, and used for budgeting/forecasting purposes
- Provide leadership in identifying upcoming client marketing strategies
- Work closely with the Agency Sales Managers to coach, mentor and support them in identifying, developing and pitching new ideas to the market
- Work closely with the Agency Sales Managers to ensure the annual major events calendar to ensure that we are pro-actively maximising revenues across all titles and platforms for relevant category
- Day to day liaison with The Bridge team in London to ensure timely and comprehensive communication to the team of all new product development initiatives
- Work closely with Sales Teams to identify and drive new business
- Be an active, positive and visible voice for News UK Solutions within market place
- Manage a team of Partnerships Solutions Managers who will be supporting you in delivering excellence across your agency group
- Ensure that the Partnerships & Solutions team pull together a cohesive argument to support a recommendation
- Further develop persuasive communication skills, internally & externally, be a confident & compelling presenter
- Create and develop editorial relationships. Listen to feedback, and be flexible and open-minded
- Be the initial point of contact from senior client personnel if sales issues result in escalation
- Develop close relationships with all sales teams through keeping them updated on work done by your team.
- Manage potential issues upwards – have regular meetings with your immediate team, Agency teams, Strategy & Insight team, and the senior regional management team to keep everyone informed as to the state of business.
- Develop sponsorship opportunities and promotional activities to pro-actively take to clients and agencies
- Think creatively about new ways to make money using all elements of our brand portfolios
- To lead the team to consider in the creation of all plans, how we can prove the success of the campaign, and to work with Strategy and Insight to develop bespoke campaign analysis where required
- Build a portfolio of successful solutions & partnerships campaigns
- Achieve budget targets on a quarterly basis.
Who are my contacts?
- Category editorial, agency strategists, sales teams, campaign management, commercial editorial
- Primary: media agency sponsorship and solutions & planning teams, marketing managers
- Secondary: Investment teams
What experience must I have?
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial skills and self-motivation
- Experience of using creativity to develop ideas and answer problems
- Track record of leading others
- Knowledgeable and curious about the challenges facing the media industry
- Possess key agency contacts
- Demonstrate previous examples of successful partnership & solutions work within the industry
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.