What’s the job? Content Creator – Sun Savers (Casual)
Where do I work? News UK – NGN Marketing
Who’s my manager? Content Marketing Editor
Who reports to me? N/A
What’s my personal contribution?
Sun Savers is the new loyalty scheme from the Sun to help its readers save money for the daily treats they love.
The role suits a journalist who specialises in or has experience in creating money-saving content.
Brimming with ideas to work across print and digital, the successful candidate will have a proven ability to deliver stories about how to save and spend your hard-earned cash that are capable of engaging mass audiences.
The successful applicant will be able to deliver high-quality, engaging content consistent with the Sun Savers brand and tone.
They will produce and create editorial content for the new content marketing department, an exciting new team which is looking to use key content pillars to help engage customers with owned products.
The applicant will ideally have good contacts with budget brands that are important to Sun audiences (Asda, Primark, Gregg’s) and or money-saving and deals websites.
This role is perfect for ambitious journalists who want to find new ways to engage with audiences.
They will be given lots of support and responsibility to help drive the future strategy of the team and project as a whole.
They will report into the Sun Savers editor and work alongside two other content creators on what is a new exciting team.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Creating regular day-to-day money-saving features and news stories for print and digital
- Writing funny and engaging copy in line with brand tone of voice
- Working with editors to formulate & deliver content plans around key dates
- Sourcing and researching daily deals to deliver to our audience
- Using content to raise awareness of our brand extensions (£9.50 hols, Sun Savers, Sun Bingo)
- Working closely with social and video to create cross-platform ideas and campaign messages
- Delivery of editorial requirements from key commercial briefs
- Delivery of marketing content within emails & push notifications
- Using analytics and data to shape content decision-making
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong writer with proven money-saving credentials
- Confident journalist who can contribute in editorial conference
- Meticulous attention to detail and fact-checking
- Self-reliant: you need to be able to start and finish your own ideas
- Experience of working in a national digital media environment
- Socially savvy with an understanding of what makes good off-platform content
- Excellent news judgement and understands what works for The Sun and sun.co.uk audience
- Understanding of what makes an engaging online feature
- Good knowledge of formats & content types that work in an online environment
- Experience with digital CMS and working in a fast-paced content or publishing team
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.