Role: ILR - Head of Digital
Department: Wireless ILR Central (Digital)
Reporting to: Managing Director - Local Radio
Location: Office base available in either Yorkshire (Bradford) or Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent)
What is the role of this job?
The ILR Head of digital role is to lead the digital development of our local radio stations bringing both commercial and content strategies together. The role will build on the portfolio’s on air success to deliver increased online content consumption and digital revenues. The head of digital will lead both the commercial product and online content development roadmap for the company.
The Head of digital role will have the Digital Solutions Manager (DSM) (currently vacant) and Digital content manager (DCM) roles reporting into them
Working with key stakeholders in commercial, programming and marketing departments, the successful candidate will:
- Develop, communicate and deliver the over- arching digital strategy
- Support and guide the DSM and wider commercial teams at station level to achieve the groups digital sales aspirations
- Help to educate the wider commercial and programming management teams about digital opportunities
- Working with the DSM, you will help to shape the digital product portfolio of the future for our local sales teams to grow revenues on top of traditional radio revenues and create a learning and development framework to underpin this
- Working with the DCM and our internal and external partners, you will lead on the development of our websites, apps and social media strategy to increase branded content consumption by our audiences
- You will work with the programming and content department to deliver a strategy to grow the consumption of online audio and take advantage of the technical and commercial growth opportunities in this area
- Work with audience insight to capture our audience data and create powerful data driven sales arguments for our digital product suite
- Create and maximising affiliate relationships and programmatic ad revenues on our sites
Who are my contacts?
You will work closely with the following departments / roles
- Group programming
- Group commercial
- Group marketing
- DSM and DCM roles
- External tech partners
- Business development
- Station Management
Essential experience and Skills?
Previous digital media experience, preferably in a management role
Experience in defining and implementing strategic approaches to sales
Knowledge of the commercial digital market place.
Strong problem solving, analytical, communication and presentation skills
Passion for digital trends and emerging platforms
Technical web development knowledge
Project and change management experience
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.