Corporate Accounting Analyst
The role is based in the Corporate Reporting team in Peterborough.
The main duties include preparation of quarterly financial information for News Corporation, the ownership of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and the preparation of the statutory financial statements.
- Ownership of monthly CMP debtor reconciliations and process including liaising with the business regarding bad debt write offs.
- Preparation of corporate reporting and payroll monthly balance sheet reconciliations with timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Support wider corporate reporting team with preparation of annual UK statutory financial statements.
- Support senior analyst in timely agreement of News UK’s intercompany balances including those with other News Corporation divisions.
- Posting of entries for News UK’s long term incentive plan.
- Review requests for new/changes in SAP access through utilisation of the GRC tool ensuring approval and appropriate segregation of duties are maintained.
- Completion of National Statistics surveys
- Ad hoc assistance with EY external audit information requests.
- Head office packs data submission.
- Supporting other areas of Corporate Reporting as required including involvement in News UK’s SOX programme, US Tax compliance and Country by Country reporting.
- Analysis – demonstrate the ability to analyse large volumes of data and reconcile in clear and concise methods.
- Reporting & Compliance – Displays the ability to follow reporting processes ensuring adherence to internal controls.
- Business Knowledge & Expertise – Awareness of key commercial drivers of the business and show the ability to be able to react to changes in reporting requirements.
- Systems - Strong SAP and Excel skills required. Previous working experience of Hyperion and Onesource Accounts Production would be advantageous but not essential.
- Qualification and Experience - Accounting technician standard minimum and willing to continue studying for full professional qualification.
- Leadership – Not required.
- Communicating & Influencing – maintains appropriate communication and networks to all stakeholders.
- Relationship Management – develop trusting relationships with internal customers, team and clients.
- People & Resource Management – displays ability to organise self to meet agreed delivery standard and deadlines.
- Setting Direction & Decision Making – prioritise work to align to changing requirements of finance and business.
- To commit to study for a recognised accountancy qualification
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people across the business.
- Proactive approach and good attention to detail.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.