Job Title: Digital Health and Fitness Reporter
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Health Editor
We have an exciting opportunity for a health and fitness reporter to join The Sun's rapidly growing website. We want the most talented and committed journalists on our team, and welcome applications from experts, as well as reporters keen to specialise.
Key Skills and Experience:
- - In-depth knowledge of a wide range of health, fitness and wellness topics
- - Proven ability to cover emerging trends, write engaging features and think-up new and imaginative angles
- - Experience of reporting on health and fitness for a national newspaper or magazine, online or in print
- - Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- - Have strong contacts in your field, and demonstrate an understanding of The Sun Online audience
- - Interpret complex research, boiling down the key facts and presenting them in a fun and engaging way for The Sun reader
- - Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed
- - Knowledge of social media, SEO and web publishing
- - Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook brimming with ideas are essential
- - Being a self-starter is key - as is the ability to thrive under pressure in a busy newsroom
- - Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- - Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.