Social Media and Community Manager - The Sun
We're seeking a Social Media and Community Manager to join the social media team at Britain’s most popular paper, The Sun. The team work seven days a week to share The Sun’s famous stories in fun, creative, insightful and engaging ways. The team will work directly with all editorial desks as well as digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams.
We’re looking for highly motivated, imaginative, resourceful individuals, with a strong working knowledge of social media platforms. You will need to be able to produce sharply-written, engaging, clickable posts - all promoting the Sun’s content, encouraging debate and helping create a Sun community across social networks.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of The Sun's social media strategy
- Lead The Sun’s adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of The Sun’s new social channels
- Manage and build The Sun's growing online community - sparking fun and intelligent debate, talking to readers, moderating comments
- Work directly with editorial, digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met
- Ensure the newsroom has sufficient insight to produce Internet-friendly stories, and take responsibility for their subsequent distribution on social media channels
- Edit and maintain The Sun’s social media channels to a high standard
- Focus on targets and be clear of what is required in order to meet them
- Work flexibly, including evening and weekend shifts
If you want to work for one of Britain's largest media companies then don't delay, apply now! please send your CV (including your Twitter handle) and a cover letter.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.