What’s the job? Partnerships Manager
Where do I work? News UK Commercial, London Bridge
Who’s my manager? Category Director
Who reports to me? Partnerships Executive
What is the goal of this role?
The Partnerships Manager is responsible for developing profitable relationships with News UK key clients, and selling our brands and audiences to clients direct as well as with planners and business directors of the relevant accounts at the client’s agency. Tasked with working in collaboration with all relevant commercial counterparts, and to develop a strategy for the clients across all News UK titles and platforms, as well as possible native, marketing and e-commerce partnerships. This is a key sales role in the department, accountable for the delivery of relevant category revenue of our News UK brands across all platforms, leveraging this standing and constantly striving to improve performance of revenue profit and market share, and grow partnership revenue.
What are my accountabilities?
- Leadership of the relevant client set across all platforms and brands at News UK, setting strategy, delivering on targets. Accountability for the protection and growth strategies and tactics
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior staff at key account clients with the relevant Business Directors and Comms planning teams at agencies to maximise revenue. This includes understanding their business and marketing objectives, as well as category objectives and identifying potential synergies with News UK opportunities
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting on revenue & share for the client set across all of our titles and platforms
- Working closely with the Category Director, Head of Digital, Agency Development Heads, Heads of Trading and Solutions and the sales teams to ensure all relevant revenue targets in the given category are met
- Working with the Insight and creative teams to deliver bespoke, world-class proactive partnership opportunities
- Educate and evangelise clients to increase their understanding of all platforms to increase spend on our digital platforms
- Delivery of key Insight pieces to drive News UK’s reputation for thought-leadership
- Knowledge of all our products, services and audiences across all platforms and brands
- Proactively lead the creation of major initiatives, ensuring close links with relevant commercial functions (sales, trading, solutions, strategists), Editorial and Marketing.
- Establish new ways of doing business direct with clients that look to extend beyond ads on the page
- Manage internal stakeholders
- Provide a bank of client case studies to underpin new business efforts and inform the decision about the future extension of organising Sales teams around categories
- Be at the forefront of new trends and practices in direct client sales and build a leadership position for News UK
- Being professional and a strong ambassador for News UK.
Who are my contacts?
- Category Director, Clients and their relevant Comms planning teams at select Agencies.
What experience must I have?
- Experience of selling to key clients directly as well as Senior Comms planning contacts at agencies
- Experience in developing dynamic multi-media propositions
- Forensic knowledge of the marketing discipline, media market and News UK’s products and services
- Evidence of selling in major revenue projects direct to marketing clients in a sales role
- Experience in creating and delivering compelling sales presentations
- Track record of dynamic thinking to drive revenue
- Track record of working collaboratively in a complex business environment.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.