Property & Facilities Department
Job Title: Property & Facilities Team Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A professional and organised individual is required, someone who is proactive and tenacious, with the ability to work well under pressure. They will have a good work ethic and are keen to support the team and offer assistance to any given task.
The candidate will be reporting to the Senior Group Property & Facilities Manager, whilst working closely to support the Group Director of Property & Facilities and the wider team.
- Diary management including travel planning and arrangements for Group Director, to include organisation of meetings, managing priorities, answering calls, communicating with other assistants.
- Taking formal minutes of meetings as required.
- Own administration of and manage other FM documentation that is shared across the FM department.
- Create and administer a team diary management system ensuring full awareness and co-ordination of diaries, making sure there is adequate holiday cover.
- Collate weekly FM reports from the team and assist in the preparation of a single weekly report.
- Raising purchase orders and the processing of invoices via CAS system.
- Archiving and electronic filing of all above invoices on the Dropbox / Google Drive.
- Create and format team presentations.
- Manage the teams travel requirements.
- Raise expenses claims for Group Director and Senior Group Manager.
- General welfare support to the team when required.
- General administrative duties to the team.
Skills and Competencies:
- Google mail and Google docs
- Microsoft Office package
- Diary Management
- Financial Management – (SAP system)
- Good understanding of technology office equipment
- Must be able to work in a confidential manner and observe confidential information
- Must be able to and be comfortable working on their own as well as part of a team – the role is quite diverse in its interaction
- Excellent presentations skills, superb attention to detail and ability to write reports from provision of information
- Good mathematical skills to assist in data analysis and financial management documentation
- Ability to listen, assess and prioritise work on their own
- As the role is an active one that requires regular interaction with senior management and executives, it is vital that the successful candidate enjoys this type of role and builds strong working relationships quickly
Mon - Fri 09.00 – 17.30 core hours with the flexibility to cover operational business requirements, including some earlier starts and later finishes. Some weekend engagement with the team even if not on site
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.