Junior Editor, Sun Racing (x3)
The Sun seeks Digital Journalists/Junior Editors to source and produce horse racing content for our expanding online operation.
You will be responsible for helping to produce accurate, interesting and concise content ready for publishing on all our horse racing platforms.
The successful journalist will display a keen interest in the world of horse racing and already have print or online experience.
The applicant will be a quick thinker with excellent written and sub-editing skills and one who is able to work to strict deadlines.
- To create superb multi-platform horse racing and betting content, quickly and accurately.
- Monitor social media and understand our horse racing objectives.
- Know exactly our target market and what our readers want to keep them fully engaged and coming back for more
- Be a team player but one who can also work on their own at times and who is able to thrive and react to feedback and analysis.
- To think ahead at all times and be fully involved in our racing strategy.
- To come up with new ideas and racing features to ensure we maintain our place as market leaders.
- The applicant will have excellent written skills and an ability to adapt to all writing styles.
- Superb sub-editing skills.
- Be a clear thinker who can see a job through from start to finish without supervision.
- A flexible attitude to working hours across seven days
- Be able to produce key racing content to a strict deadline.
Sun Racing is home of the number one Horse Racing print title in the UK (Favourite) and attracts a third of all UK horse racing bettors. Sun Racing is looking to expand its team as it expands its horse racing operation in print, web and app.
Sun Racing is part of Sun Sport.
Sun Sport's world-class content attracts an audience of over 11m people, via The Sun, thesun.co.uk/sport and dreamteamfc.com in print, online and in app.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.