Job Title: Fabulous Digital Associate Editor (12-month FTC)
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Fabulous Digital Editor
Purpose of role: To work closely with the Fabulous Digital Editor, acting up as deputy head of department when required. To commission and edit women's lifestyle features, interviews and investigations for The Sun Online's Fabulous team.
- Generate compelling, hilarious, relatable and agenda-setting ideas and interviews for the Fabulous section of thesun.co.uk
- Think up new and imaginative story angles to develop into Fabulous features.
- Commission and brief staff writers/freelancers to bring ideas to fruition.
- Work closely with the Fabulous Digital Editor to be first off the blocks with the best fashion, beauty, health, sex and real life stories.
- Write and edit copy so it meets a consistently high standard.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of commissioning and editing, either in a newspaper, magazine or online environment
- Track record of coming up with fresh and relevant ideas within the women's sector.
- Brilliant working relationships with PRs and writers
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the Fabulous and The Sun brands, both print and digital
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.