Job Title: Senior Motion Graphics Designer (12-month contract)
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Design Editor
Purpose of role: We are looking for a mid/senior Motion Graphic Designer to join the highly successful Sun on Snapchat team. We create bespoke animations on a daily basis that lie on The Sun Snapchat discover channel.
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have 3+ years’ experience in a creative/design agency
- You must be highly self-motivated, positive and self-starting as well as a team player
- Strong creative and technical skills in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator specifically. Cinema 4D skills are a bonus.
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Great communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environment
- Passionate about design and understand how to deliver award-winning creative animations
- Good general knowledge of UK TV and celebrities
- Good grasp of The Sun brand, both print and digital.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.