Job Title: Deputy Digital Features Editor
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Features Editor
Purpose of role: To deputise for the Features Editor, acting as head of department when required. To commission and edit features, interviews and investigations for The Sun Online's growing original features team.
- Generate compelling and agenda-setting ideas and interviews for Sun Online.
- Think up new and imaginative story angles to develop into features.
- Commission and brief staff writers/freelancers to bring ideas to fruition.
- Work closely with the features editor stories pegged to upcoming films, TV programmes, events and books.
- Build contacts with a range of PRs.
- Write and edit copy so it meets a consistently high standard.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of commissioning and editing, either in a newspaper, magazine or online environment.
- Track record of coming up with fresh and relevant ideas.
- Already have good relationships with PRs and writers.
- Unflappable under pressure
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.