Job Title: Assistant Group Manufacturing Services Manager, Newsprinters
Newsprinters are the manufacturing division of News UK.
Our goal is clear and simple – to be the best newspaper printer in the world. To achieve this we have travelled the world, investigated cutting-edge technologies, and invested £650m in our three purpose-built sites that provide extensive geographical coverage of the UK.
Newsprinters have a recent history of innovation in our industry and it is this approach of continuously striving to improve our product offering and ways of working that drives our business forward.
We actively seek the best talent to make sure that we can continually challenge what we do and how we do it, to consistently stay one step ahead of the competition.
As a business we are committed to the personal and professional development of our people and we also think it helps that we provide a modern working environment, state-of-the-art technical equipment and encourage an open and honest working culture so that our employees can concentrate on what they do best. Their jobs!
This role supports a portfolio of £36m spend, 400 active vendors and 14,000 SAP Materials across the 3 Newsprinters print sites, namely Broxbourne (London), Knowsley (Liverpool ) and Eurocentral (Glasgow).
- Responsible for 3 direct reports including Business Partners
- Assist with the management and co-ordination of all group manufacturing service activities across the Group with a particular responsibility to manage the day-to-day activities in Knowsley and Eurocentral, geographical area North
- Assist with any Group procurement activities, including however not limited to, negotiating, benchmarking, vendor, supply chain management and vendor performance reviews
- Key procurement areas are: MRO, Manufacturing Consumables, Facilities Management
- Assist with delivering specific Group Manufacturing Service Delivery targets and objectives as agreed with the key Stakeholders. This may include providing assistance with ad hoc projects required by the key Stakeholder or projects to suit the changing demands of the Business
- Manage staff and processes on a day-to-day basis to control all aspects of inventory management, including ordering (stock replenishment), goods receipting, storing and issuing of Inventory parts (spares or consumables). This also includes the management of the-end-to end repairs processes as well as the facilitation of all production vendor related trials for the Northern sites
- Assist with the other Manufacturing Service departmental activities including financial audits and any related SOX compliance activities, lean manufacturing initiatives, business continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives
- Procurement/Financial/Compliance (40%)
- SAP and Inventory control (40%)
- Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and OSHAS18001) and Lean Manufacturing (20%)
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in all aspects of Procurement, Stores and Inventory management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of governance and compliance
- Team management experience
- Solid experience in ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS18001
- Some experience in managing COSHH, Loler & Puwer, Manual Handling compliance, Fire safety awareness , Risk Assessments
- Fully proficient in SAP Materials Management. SAP Plant Maintenance and SAP Business Warehouse are a plus
- Advanced PC Skills, including Microsoft Office (in particular Excel), SharePoint and Visio
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.