Job Title: Deputy Digital Night Editor
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Night Editor (Digital Editor, The Sun)
Purpose of role: To help lead the Night Team publishing throughout the evening to the same standard as the daytime operation, helping to build the audience of thesun.co.uk
- Deputise to the Night Editor in managing both the building and presentation of newspaper stories and live publishing throughout the night
- Step up to the role of night editor across the rota and for holiday cover as required
- Brief team on which stories to build and how to present them, ensuring they are done as quickly as possible then checking and polishing
- Provide feedback to team about mistakes made and how to improve their quality of work
- Help to train and develop the team
- Edit the homepage as required
- Working on a rota across 7 days
- Fully aware of legal issues and the IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience at a senior level of production in a publishing environment
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Always takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.