- Reporting to the Group Technology Manager and Working with the local Management team, you will be responsible for the service contracts, fault management and the budgeting process, for The Wireless group’s offices and radio studios in Belfast
- Routine and essential maintenance of the radio Station’s Broadcast hardware and software Systems.
- Technical planning, risk assessment and operation of outside Broadcasts and events.
- First-line Desktop IT support.
- Manage the general upkeep of the office and studio areas
- Occasional requirement to work at the weekends and antisocial hours.
- We operate a group wide ‘out of hours’ call out rota system, which you will be required to participate in.
- You may be required to travel to other sites within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
A strong understanding of professional analogue and digital studios and audio paths
- Ability to maintain and repair professional audio equipment.
- Offer effective ‘front line’ IT support for our office users.
- Understanding of IP and Digital audio links and the set-up and operation of public address systems.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Communicate with staff at all levels with in the company.
- Ability to asses risk and insure you work in a safe manner at all times.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Understanding of Microsoft servers.
- Understanding of Local and Wide Area networks and IP routing.
- Experience with ‘Axia’ Audio equipment and ‘Livewire’
Previous experience with broadcast media technologies.
A qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and/or IT (Preferred)
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.