Job Role – Finance Manager – SOX compliance
This role is working within the Finance department of News UK, the home of media giants such as The Sun, The Times, and Wireless group. This is a business critical role covering all SOX and Compliance projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :-
- Project management of the NEWs UK SOX process
- Involvement in the design of internal controls for new systems and processes ahead of these becoming in scope for SOX.
- Key contact and project lead for the business ( finance, commercial and technology) in designing and implementing controls
- Support the integration of new business ventures and delivery of a SOX/Compliance programme as part of the process.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships for SOX and other audit processes
- Support all M&A activity from a due diligence & compliance perspective
- Act as business partner between IT and Finance teams to ensure compliance through Reporting
- Opportunities for involvement in other ad hoc projects across the business
- Qualified (ACA or ACCA)
- SOX experience preferable
- Large company controls based audit experience
- Up to date technical knowledge with strong accounting skills
- Drive and enthusiasm to develop the role
Do you have the ability to influence key stakeholders and are looking for that next step in your career and want to work for a progressive organisation such as News UK ? If so hit APPLY today
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.