Political Editor - talkRADIO
Wireless Group is now a part of News UK. Our Radio GB division operates four national radio stations; including talkSPORT the world's biggest sports radio station, and talkRADIO.
talkRADIO, the nation’s most exciting speech radio station is looking for a Political Editor to join its growing team.
- You will be connected in politics, have a great contacts book, and will be known in the corridors of Westminster.
- We will utilise you to book big political interviews and be our voice on the breaking political stories.
- With a strong on-air voice you will be required to uncover exclusives and break them on air.
- Natural flair for broadcasting even if it's not your current background. The role could include hosting your own programme.
- Go head to head with talkRADIO presenters including Julia Hartley-Brewer, Eamonn Holmes and James Whale.
- The role will also include inserts into talkSPORT around big political events
- Passionate about politics with great initiative and enthusiasm for bringing governance to life. Willing to work across weekends and evenings when necessary
- As well as his or her own output, the Political Editor will inform and help to shape the stations wider political coverage, working closely with the Editors and Producers.
- In addition to reacting to political events and breaking stories, you will help to guide the stations longer term political coverage, its portrayal of political events and political interviews, helping to ensure a full diversity of voices.
- Possess a sound social media strategy and excellent understating of those platforms and how to harness to the benefit to the station’s brand is vital
SO if this sounds like you and you would like to learn more then please hit APPLY.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.