Business Development Executive
London, UK | Direct Sales & Independent Agencies
Wireless Group is a leading UK media company and part of the News Corp portfolio of brands. We operate four national radio stations, including talkSPORT the world's biggest sports radio station and Virgin Radio.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the right individual to be instrumental in the growth of the Direct Sales business at Wireless covering the London area.
You will be responsible for selling advertising space to small and medium-sized businesses. Your team will sell to a broad range of clients. These clients could be anyone from large regional businesses with complex needs, through to smaller local businesses purchasing targeted campaigns.
You will report to Head of Business Development and be part of a team of 4 Business Development Managers.
Supported by your manager, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and developing new prospects.
- Prospecting and self-generating new business appointments.
- Winning new business from prospects.
- Developing market intelligence.
- Developing and managing existing clients.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Proven success in a new business field sales role.
- Proven success in prospecting to self-generate new business appointments.
- Experience in achieving new business meeting KPIs of at least 8 meetings per week.
- Be comfortable and confident presenting to a range of stakeholders.
BDEs are given no existing account base so we are looking for keen new business hunters who are not afraid to pick up the phone and prospect. Minimum KPI expectation is 8 self-generated meetings per week and we need to see candidates who are used to working to this type of model consistently.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for achieving quarterly target
- Mobile phone
- Life assurance
- GPP pension
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Season Ticket Loans and the Ride to Work scheme
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.