Accountant – Commercial / Sales & Marketing (Maternity Cover)
The role is based in the Commercial Finance team in Peterborough, reporting to the Head of Finance – Advertising.
The principle responsibilities of the role are the accounting for subscriptions & circulation volumes, revenues and marketing costs.
- Preparation of monthly accruals for subscriptions revenues
- Completion of relevant commentary and variance (PLVAR) analysis for month end review meeting and sign off
- Posting of subscriptions PLVARs into TM1 after month end is complete
- Preparation of subscriptions weekly process within team when required (month end and ad-hoc cover)
- Preparation of circulation weekly process within team when required (month end and ad-hoc cover)
- Completion of subscriptions & circulation month end balance sheet schedules (bad debt, voucher provision, returns provision)
- Independent review of circulation month end files
- Independent review of subscriptions month end files
- Quarterly balance sheet movements analysis co-ordination (Marketing & Sales)
- Cover for NGN & TNL Marketing Finance Analysts when out of office (i.e. annual leave)
- Involvement in Subscriptions TM1 Cubes redevelopment project
- Involvement in GRNI SAP reporting development
- Involvement in Staff & VIP Subscriptions review (pending Corporate Audit formal review documentation)
- Review team processes for efficiencies (e.g. look at re-designing revenue recs)
- Assist with audit queries (e.g. SOX & year end)
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Technical skill requirement
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Commercially aware coupled with strong accounting skills
- Rigorous analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven logistical and organisation skills
- Advanced SAP & TM1 knowledge
Personal attributes required
- Confident and professional manner
- Willingness to challenge existing practice and implement process improvement
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A good team player capable of flexibility
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.