Job Title News UK Head of Procurement
Line Manager Finance Director Group Finance, Strategy & Technology
Direct Reports 2 Category Managers
To provide Procurement and associated support across News UK, including Wireless and Unruly.
To partner closely with the Finance Leadership team to support delivery of savings across business units. Support of the Technology Vendor Management Office and Newsprinters Procurement function to ensure consistency across the News UK.
Procurement across News UK (incl Wireless and Unruly) including:
- Support Services – HR, Legal, Finance
Policies & Procedures
- Ownership of policies and procedures across News UK
- Full understanding of RFI/RFP and ITT (invitation to Tender) processes
- Responsible for compliance with Investment Board approval process
- Analysis of business and vendor spend, identifying opportunities to reduce spend and extract additional value
- Understanding relevant markets to identify new opportunities/ways to buy more effectively
- Implementation and maintenance of best practise supplier management and reporting
- Internal reporting of activity and tracking of savings achieved, including cost avoidance/added value
- Develop a high performing team, with clear objectives
- Work closely with colleagues across News UK to improve processes and deliver maximum value to the business
- Proven experience leading a Procurement team
- Expert negotiator, communicator and influencer
- Strong analytical ability, coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to lead contract negotiations to completion
- Ability to provide strong leadership in solving complex problems across business areas
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.