Job Title News UK Category Manager – Editorial, Facilities, Corporate and Support Services
Line Manager News UK Procurement Manager
Direct Reports None
To provide Procurement and associated support across News UK, including Wireless and Unruly.
To partner closely with the Finance Leadership team to support delivery of savings across business units.
Procurement across News UK (incl Wireless and Unruly) including:
- Corporate and Support Services – HR, Legal, Finance, Travel etc…
Policies & Procedures
- Ensuring policies and procedures are applied across business areas, including Investment Board approval
- Running of RFI/RFP and ITT (invitation to Tender) processes
- Analysis of business and vendor spend, identifying opportunities to reduce spend and extract additional value
- Understanding relevant markets to identify new opportunities/ways to buy more effectively
- Internal reporting of activity and tracking of savings achieved, including cost avoidance/added value
- Management of Supplier reporting/SLA’s
- Develop a high performing team, with clear objectives
- Work closely with colleagues across News UK to improve processes and deliver maximum value to the business
- Expert negotiator, communicator and influencer
- Effective team player with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical ability, coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to lead contract negotiations to completion
- Ability to provide leadership in solving complex problems across business areas
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.