Job Title - HR Business Partner
Overview of Job:
Actively partner the business through delivery of the people plan through coaching and advising the department heads across a range of HR activities including organisational development, change management, talent management, performance management, employee communications, and employee relations.
Key Tasks / Result Areas
- Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders to enable the delivery of the HR people plan, in line with the business strategy.
- Coaching and advising line managers effectively on a range of complex and challenging people issues.
- Employee relations – support the HRD in managing ER cases and liaising with legal advisors where necessary.
- Planning, co-ordinating and implementing restructures and change management projects across the business.
- Responding and adapting to a fast changing environment and delivering effective solutions in unpredictable situations.
- Educating and guiding managers on effective performance management processes, including conducting appraisals, integrating good behaviours, providing regular feedback and motivating their team.
- Talent Management – designing and developing methods to help attract, develop and retain talent at all levels, and ensure these are delivered as part of our overall talent strategy.
- Supporting the recruitment for various positions at all levels, and helping managers to understand and embrace the benefits of following a robust recruitment process.
- Facilitating leadership team days, using time wisely to encourage positive leadership behaviours and plan strategy.
- Be the conduit between HR and the business area, ensuring essential processes such as the performance review process and processing of remuneration changes are adhered to.
Key Technical Skills Required:
- Strong track record in a number of different, challenging environments
- Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, coaching, and change management.
- Good Project Management
- CIPD Qualified
- Experience of working with trade unions is desirable
Key Personal Skills Required:
- Able to build positive stakeholder relationships to enable collaboration
- Communicates clearly and persuasively at all levels of the organisation
- Able to work in a fast paced, complex and changing business environment
- Detail conscious, strong on Employment Law but takes a pragmatic approach to resolve a problem i.e. has good judgement between best practice and what will work
- Business acumen – insight and understanding of how the media environment operate
- Strategic effectiveness – ability to demonstrate HR business insight and influence stakeholder group
This a fantastic opportunity to join a high performance team and grow your career in a supportive and nurturing environment - apply now!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.