JOB TITLE: Receptionist - Fixed term contract
RESPONSIBLE TO: Office Manager – HR Business Partner
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Reception and assisting with general office and facilities management of the offices
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To effectively maintain the office and provide supports to Office Manager and all departments as required. To welcome all callers and proactively resolve local facility issues as they arise.
As Receptionist you will demonstrate the following key characteristics:
- Good telephone manner
- Focused, attention to detail and proactive
- Friendly demeanour and a create a positive attitude amongst all employees and visitors
- Demonstrate creativity when solutions need to be found
- A can do attitude
- Confident, assertiveness and energy
- Well presented at all times
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Thrive under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls on the News Ireland switch
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Directing calls and queries to relevant departments
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock in the News Ireland library
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Book DHL/Couriers/Transport as required
- Set up conference rooms as required along with ordering beverages/food if needed.
- Updating calendars and booking of conference rooms
- Liaising with accounts to check invoice payments etc.
- Looking after cheque requests and payments in OM absence
- Library Management. Maintaining the News Ireland Library with copies of title papers and checking paper and stationary.
- Ah hoc duties as they arise at the instruction of the Office Manager or HR Dept
- Liaising with Building Manager for updates and maintenance carried out on the floor.
- Maintaining facility logs of alarm testing and scheduled works to be carried out on the floor.
- Logging jobs with the Management Company should any issues arise within the office during Office Managers absence.
- Previous experience as a Receptionist or within a similar role
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office 2010
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent customer service attitude
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.