We are: News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers, radio stations and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world: The Times, The Sunday Times, Virgin Radio, Talk Sport and The Sun - reaching 30 million people each week. Despite differences in audience and content our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects our customers.
Technology, a team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CTO of the Year (Tech Leaders) 2017, Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are Business Operations, we live in the wider Technology Delivery team that also encompasses Programme and project management, Business Analysis and the PMO. We work across the broader technology team and our responsibilities include procurement, vendor management, recruitment, governance, strategic relationships, reporting and finance.
This is a new role that’s been created as a result of our ongoing commitment to build lasting relationships with our partners these include Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon to name a few. Day to day you will:
- Track interactions and the general health of our key partner relationships so that we leverage the most value out of our strategic alliances
- Regularly bring the right people together at the right levels from both sides of the partnership, facilitating as necessary
- Work at an operational level day to day, maintaining an understanding of the News UK product set and the interactions with the partners, whilst remembering to look strategically at our long term goals making sure the day to day aligns with this
- Look out for new trends and products, maintain the tech industry tracker and present briefings and updates back to directors and CTO. Identify opportunities and risks to News UK.
You’re likely to have a relationship/account management background, if you have a tech background that would be great although isn’t essential. Whatever your background you will feel comfortable with:
- Organising and coordinating interactions across multiple partners with differing demands and needs often in different timezones
- Having an appreciation of contractual negotiations and the supplier lifecycle, working with procurement and vendor management teams
- Collating and summarising information from partners and multiple 3rd party sources in order to provide regular updates written and verbal to the Tech leadership team and business stakeholders
- Gaining an understanding of News UK’s business models with a focus on digital/technology products and services in order to match the business needs with partner opportunities
You’re a natural communicator, you love bringing people together and watching relationships develop. This means you’ll influence easily and be excited by what you can achieve through the relationships you nurture taking pride knowing people choose to come to you as a trusted partner. As this role sits in Technology it goes without saying that you’re passionate about all things tech with a curiosity that allows you to keep up to date with new trends.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.