Job Title - Head of Real Estate, Times Newspaper Limited
Department - TNL New Business Ventures
TNL New Business Ventures is an innovation division focussed on the development and incubation of new digital revenues for the Times and Sunday Times. As part of a rapidly expanding new business unit, you will uncover market opportunities; develop new concepts, rapidly testing and validating business models. The division operates autonomously from the rest of the business, and comprises a tiger team of cross-disciplinary experts who share an entrepreneurial passion for delivering purposeful and valuable customer experiences.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up culture, but have all the advantages of leveraging the Times brand, and it’s unique ability to influence the affluent.
What’s my personal contribution?
This role will lead the product incubation and program management of all new venture incubation, working in partnership with key business owners and the head of marketing and customer insights.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities?
- Managing program of new incubation projects
- Rapidly develop new business ideas
- Developing prototypes
- Creating of experiment plans
- Delivery and reporting of experiments tests
- Managing resource budget
- Lead design and development teams to deliver the entire product life cycle from
- strategic experience planning to tactical activities
- Ensure user research, analytics and testing are built into the product design and development lifecycle
- Lead collaboration with creative, user experience, delivery teams to ensure a unified customer experience
- Effectively communicate product design ideas and concepts
- Lead collaboration with research, design, UX and software development teams to visualise and prototype products and features.
- Runs pilot and beta programs that include metrics to measure success.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Expert in agile product development
- Able to lead and influence in a matrixed team structure
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects
- Outstanding proposition development skills
- Highly analytical, managing multiple experiments
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to influence people across departments, especially Technology Editorial and Marketing
- Strong budget management experience
- Programme management experience
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.