Job Title: Head of New Business Ventures - Money & Personal Finance
Term: 1 Year fixed term contract, with potential to extend to perm.
TNL New Business Venture Overview:
TNL New Business Ventures is an innovation division focussed on the development and launch of new digital revenues for the Times and Sunday Times. As part of a rapidly expanding new team, you will uncover market opportunities, develop new concepts, testing and validating business models throughout the process. The division operates semi-autonomously from the rest of the business, and comprises a tiger team of cross-disciplinary experts who share an entrepreneurial passion for delivering purposeful and valuable customer experiences.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up culture, but have all the advantages of leveraging an iconic brand in The Times, and it’s unique ability to influence the affluent.
This role will lead the business development of new brand partnership opportunities in Money and Personal Finance with the Times and Sunday Times the UK. You will work with core business incubation team, owning all commercial relationships with any potential partners, and bring outstanding domain experience to shape the commercial strategy.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- P&L Accountability for Money and Personal Finance new revenues
- Develop and deliver against business plan and roadmap
- Lead a team of cross-functional experts to deliver a plan to achieve audience and revenue targets.
- Lead business requirements for the delivery of new digital products.
- Build and own all commercial relationships with external providers and partners.
- Create a pipeline of new revenue opportunities for growth with core business ventures team
- Manage stake holders, especially steering group across News UK.
Knowledge, skills and experience :
- Extensive commercial experience across all areas of retail finance, including savings, investments, wealth planning, protection and transactional products. This includes a strong understand of future macro market trends.
- General management experience, owning business P&L.
- Able to lead and influence in a matrixed team structure.
- Outstanding business network skills, especially across emerging platforms and fintech players.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, and proven track record in new business development and partnerships.
- Experimental mindset, comfortable in rapidly developing and testing new concepts objectively.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person, if this sounds like you and you want to work for a forward thinking, ever developing organisation then please hit APPLY
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.