What’s my personal contribution?
To support the Marketing Manager to grow the revenue and margins for The Times and The Sunday Times branded businesses: The Sunday Times Wine Club, Times Currency Services, Encounters Dating and new business propositions.
Build good working relationships with key stakeholders at each of the branded businesses and at News UK (marketing, editorial, business intelligence, events and commercial).
Work with the branded businesses to find new opportunities for customer acquisition, improve engagement with existing customers as well as finding ways for the businesses to work together and with News UK on relevant promotions.
Support the Marketing Manager in providing insightful reporting to key stakeholders at News UK on a weekly and ad hoc basis of current performance and future plans.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
● Be the day to day contact for the branded business, develop an excellent working relationship and deliver the revenue targets.
● Support and arrange weekly calls and monthly face to face meetings.
● Report on the weekly revenue numbers internally.
● Support the Manager in activating a subscriber engagement strategy with the Retention and Engagement team to increase subscriber revenue moving from 5% - 50% customer crossover in three years.
● Support the manager in creative briefs, artwork adaptations and new creative requirements.
● Work with the brand team to make sure that all creative is effective and follow brand guidelines.
● Activate and manage the marketing calendar making sure each branded business receives sufficient media space and the creative is delivered on time.
● Analyse and review the impact of activity against target and providing real-time and summary insights into audience performance on an ongoing basis.
● Manage all Branded Business events and key activity with Times+.
● Develop new initiatives to meet our revenue goals
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
● One - two years marketing experience, including digital, search, social, display and direct marketing.
● Highly developed Excel, numeracy and analytical skills.
● Experience of getting the most from third party partners.
● Knowledge of the newspaper industry, brand extensions and subscriptions
● Strong negotiation and influencing skills, which can be applied to manage stakeholders at News UK and the branded businesses.
● Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative way across multiple teams.
● Ability to get things done quickly, turning insight into action, to high standards of quality.
● Proven experience of managing performance of 3rd party sales channels and agencies.
● Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments.
● Innovative thinking and ability to challenge accepted norms.
● Motivated self-starter with strong focus on delivering results and a positive “can do” attitude
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.