Job Title: Digital Features Writer (Casual shifts)
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Features Editor
Purpose of role: To generate ideas and write quality features for thesun.co.uk
- Generate a daily list of quality editorial ideas which will get strong, engaged traffic for co.uk and across our social platforms
- Have the necessary drive and journalistic skills to turn those, and additional ideas and into great copy which readers will enjoy
- Be able to write sparkling copy on a variety of subjects and in a range of styles/tones
- Build contacts with PRs
- Have exceptional writing and interviewing skills, honed through previous experience
- Have a strong news sense and be able to write around the big stories of the day – adding context and colour beyond the basic lines
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Keep on top of digital trends and spot emerging trends to best enhance your contribution
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Always takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.