What’s the job? SAP HR Specialist (Full Time)
Where do I work? Based in Peterborough, with occasional visits to London Office
Who’s my manager? HRIS Manager
Who reports to me? No direct reports
Why are we here?
We deliver expertise on HR Administration, Compliance, HR Data, Talent Resourcing and Learning & Development to our customers across the News UK business.
We achieve this through specialist knowledge of our area and by taking ownership of the customer experience.
We implement solutions which meet the business’s needs, protect the business from risk and deliver a good customer experience.
How do we contribute?
Our team, HR Data Administration and Reports, is responsible for the proactive management of HR data and provide input for processes involving HR Data with a continuous improvement philosophy.
We support Technology delivering changes to SAP and ensure that compliance is at the centre of all our activities.
We establish and help to implement sustainable systems, frameworks and processes to ensure efficient and effective capture and management of HR data.
We offer a service to the business and third parties through providing accurate and well-presented management information
What are my accountabilities?
- Deliver responsive and effective working relationships with HRBPs, the business and our support partner
- Manage all changes and testing related to SAP HR. Perform end-to-end testing of system upgrades and change requests, document test results
- Continue to build and co-manage the working relationship with Technology. Attend regular meetings and assist with the prioritisation / resolution of outstanding incidents / HR changes
- Providing insight and expertise to HR Ops on SAP HR functionalities and best use
- Manage data quality on SAP, review and propose changes to processes where required
- Execute HR Data improvement initiatives, ensure data quality and proactively manage issues impacting data integrity
- Participate in projects and implement HR Solutions
What do I know? (my skills)
- SAP HR Project Experience, preferably full life cycle
- SAP solution expertise covering Personnel Administration, Organisation Management, Payroll, Time & Attendance, ESS & MSS, Ad-hoc Reporting or SAP Query
- Experience of providing SAP HR second level support
- Experience of managing SAP change and documentation
- Experience of SAP testing, planning and execution
- Experience of End User training, delivery and support
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of requirement gathering and visual presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Advanced Formula)
What do I show? (my behaviours)
- Passion for service delivery
- Engaging & Collaborative
- Well organised
- Team work
- Experience working in an HR department
- Good knowledge of our business
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.