Role : Head of Sales Pulse 1 & Pulse 2
Reporting to: Acting Station Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Sales to motivate, coach and manage our already successful sales team at Pulse 1 & Pulse 2.
Alongside managing a selection of key client accounts the Head of Sales will be responsible for driving local revenue performance through our team of Account Managers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the account managers to maximise revenue potential through a consultative and creative led sales process
- Developing individual performance through ongoing coaching, dual calling and effective business planning
- Inspiring the team through a weekly team meeting, ensuring new ideas and opportunities are showcased in an engaging way
- Ensuring our full product portfolio is maximised and opportunities are explored with our client base
- Involvement in client negotiations ensuring a win for all parties
- Pioneering sales initiatives to drive activity levels and station revenue
- Involvement in budget setting and local sales strategy
Role Requirements include:
- A proven track record in Sales Management within a media environment
- Ability to coach, motivate and manage a broad team
- Experience in recruiting successful sales people
- A love of creative ideas
- A determination to achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be able to plate spin whilst maintaining a calm, considered approach
- Accuracy in forecasting sales revenues both individually and for the wider commercial team
- Understanding of how to maximise digital revenues alongside traditional revenue
- Utilising available research and market sector information to aid our sell
- Full Clean Driving License
What we offer:
- An attractive and highly competitive base salary
- Monthly and quarterly commission
- 25 days holiday
- Excellent benefits including enhanced company pension, life assurance and death in service
- A management grade company car
- A fantastic working environment
- Company car
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.