Job Title Digital Design Editor
Department The Sun Online
Reports to Digital Editor, The Sun
Purpose of role:
To manage the Sun Online design team, delivering the visual presentation of stories across The Sun’s digital products
- Manage the team of digital designers to meet the needs of the day-to-day running of the website, app and off-platform products
- Maintain design style across The Sun’s digital products
- Work to meet the needs of the editorial production team giving daily creative input on graphic story-telling
- Work alongside the newsroom development team, who will experiment with new short-term formats and tools and feed needs for long-term development
- Work alongside product design team to ensure creative vision is consistently delivered
- Work with Managing Editor on development of structure of team and training to ensure all develop to meet required standard
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Experience of managing a team including rotas and budget
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
- In-depth knowledge of key software: Photoshop, After Effects, others as required
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.