MARKETING MANAGER, THE SUN
Team: Sun Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Company: News UK
What’s my personal contribution?
Working with key stakeholders, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, delivery and ongoing maximisation of marketing campaigns built out of the brand, promotional calendar and our products (Sun Savers, Sun Bingo, Sun Bets, Dream Team). The Marketing Manager will manage campaign creative output from start to finish, ensuring all advertising adheres to guidelines, and works for its audience, creatively and promotionally.
What are my accountabilities?
- To manage all internal and external integrated marketing communications, working with the creative and media agencies, promotions, and loyalty teams on creative output
- Manage the development and implementation of all marketing campaigns, testing and continually improving where possible
- To brief seasonal marketing output as per the marketing campaign and promotional calendar, feeding in input on creative approach to drive brand awareness and total sale
- To brief marketing output as per the marketing calendar for Sun Bingo and working closely alongside the Head of Bingo to ensure full stakeholder/partner signoff.
- To ensure all advertising output adheres to regulatory requirements
- To manage all campaign timings, feeding deadlines into key stakeholders
- To manage campaign budgets for production and paid media
- Communicate all creative and campaign feel overview to the wider marketing team and other key business stakeholders to ensure to smooth running and awareness
- Work alongside the promotions and loyalty teams for the approvals process for all partner marketing, and on all creative feedback
- To ensure creative wash-ups are complete and presented to teams on a quarterly basis
- Understanding The Sun marketing values, its positioning and key competitive advantages and translate this into meaningful and effective marketing campaigns
- Play a key role in brand innovation, working alongside the promotions and brand teams to hit campaign KPIs
- Experience of managing integrated campaigns from creative development to production
- Experience of planning and booking all media channels, including TV, OOH and radio
- An understanding and experience at using a variety of marketing and communication levers
- A solid knowledge of and experience in the media industry
- Commercially and organisationally astute
- Experience and proven ability to influence key stakeholders from around the business and securing buy-in to integrated product and marketing plans
- A passion for our brands
- First rate communications skills including outstanding ability to brief 3rd party’s and colleagues, PowerPoint and presentational ability
- Good negotiation and relationship skills and an ability to operate within a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
- Preferable to have knowledge in the betting and gaming industry
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.