What’s the job? Marketing Executive, 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Where do I work? News UK – Sales and Marketing, London Bridge, London SE1 9GF
Why are we here? To create, validate and scale new digital revenue for The Times and Sunday Times
New Business Ventures Department
TNL New Business Ventures is an innovation division focussed on the generation of new digital revenue streams for The Times brand. As part of a rapidly expanding new business unit, you will help support the incubation of new concepts, rapidly testing and validating business model assumptions before fully scaling.
What’s my personal contribution?
To be responsible for the execution of the acquisition and CRM strategies to drive brand value, customer engagement and ultimately revenue. To support the Head of Marketing in the delivery of multi-channel customer campaigns to the highest standards, using analytics and market insights to inform results and contribute to the ongoing success of new projects.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensure that multi-channel, integrated campaigns are produced, prioritised and implemented effectively so that customer acquisition and engagement is optimised in quality and value terms.
- Analyse and review digital analytics and provide real time and summary insights into sales performance on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and the Times Retention & Engagement team to build out CRM strategies that drive loyalty and repeat purchase.
- Manage individual campaign and program budgets across social to meet set KPIs on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Support the Head of Marketing to shape proposition messages and ensure that they are relevant to the target audience.
- Assist the Head of Marketing in the strategic planning process for selected business areas/projects, gaining input and buy-in from editorial, product and commercial teams.
- Contribute to an ongoing culture of improvement and innovation, creating and developing processes which will drive efficiency and effectiveness whilst continuing to ensure that customers are delighted
What do I Know
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Be confident in executing digital campaigns and optimising to achieve set targets and KPIs.
- Has at least one year’s experience running paid campaigns across social media
- Has managed end-to-end campaign process from briefing back through to delivery
- Experienced at monitoring, evaluating and reporting results against set KPIs on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to apply to future activity, producing reports that can be disseminated at all levels across the business
- Track record of gathering and analysing market/customer intelligence and data to generate insights and develop effective plans
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice in retention management, testing and rollout strategies
- Excellent creative judgement and a drive for innovative communication plans and world-class campaign execution.
- Good at working as part of a cross-functional team and proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing and reconciling a marketing budget
- Experience working across media, subscriptions and commerce businesses.
What do I Show?
- Innovative thinking and ability to challenge accepted norms
- Motivated self-starter with strong focus on delivering results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative way across multiple teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Has a positive “can do” attitude
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.