Social Media Manager – Sun Bingo
What’s my personal contribution?
With guidance from the Head of Digital, devise plans to grow audiences across all social media channels and drive traffic to the Sun Bingo. To be a guardian of brand guidelines for social media output, delivering to a standard of excellence and in line with The Sun products unique tone of voice. To analyse, report and make recommendations to help inform the overall social media strategy. To be a key contact for internal teams and external contributors, commercial partners and third parties, delivering plans and managing relationships.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To grow social audiences and community across Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram
- To work with the wider social team to monetise the social audience
- To grow the Sun Bingo social community as a traffic generator for sunbingo.co.uk
- To grow acquisition and reactivation through organic social reach
- To manage and optimise all the traffic driving output from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- To put together and deliver platform specific content and publishing plans
- To distribute commercial content across relevant social platforms
- To work with the video and editorial teams to ensure all the social content is high quality and in line with The Sun tone of voice
- To work with media partners such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Snapchat
- To manage paid spend on all social platforms
- To implement and optimise publishing plans for contributors and influencers
- Play a key role in brand innovation, presenting ideas on how we develop and deliver the brands in social
- To monitor, analyse and react to live social analytics
- To analyse market trends and competitors and make recommendation to help shape the social strategy
- To work with key internal stakeholders and business partners
- Liaise with the operator to develop a product promotions strategy which promotes the bingo product across social platforms and to create bespoke content that supports this.
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Confident, resilient, determined and enthusiastic
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrable organisation/communication/interpersonal skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Can work in high pressured situations
- Outgoing and a good team player
- Understands and can adapt to different brand TOV
- Knowledge and experience of social media, both in publishing and strategy
- Experience within online gaming preferable but not essential
- Preferably have some experience of managing people directly
- A passion for The Sun
- Commercially and organisationally astute
- A desire to innovate
- First rate communication skills, including presentational ability
- Good negotiation and relationship skills
- Excellent written skills
- Engages in a wide variety of social media activities
- Can use social management platforms (i.e Sprinklr) and associated analytics
Able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.