What’s the job? Audience Measurement Analyst (Permanent)
Where do I work? Strategic Information; Audience Insights & Analytics
Who reports to me? n/a
What’s my personal contribution?
- Provide regular and detailed understanding of audience measurement trends for News UK and competitor UK newsbrands using a variety of data sets (primarily ABC, NRS/AMP and comScore, but others may be required).
- Deliver data quickly (as close to scheduled release as possible) and in clear and digestible formats with headline reporting and deep-dive analysis for stakeholder consumption.
- Be the primary trusted link between stakeholders and their access to Audience Measurement tools and data sets, supporting their ability to self-serve.
- Ensure access to audience measurement data is smooth and efficient by creating and maintain on-platform tool short-cuts, and off-platform how-to guides and other support materials.
- Provide the commercial business partner with audience measurement, consumer lifestyle and habits, and word of mouth insight that come from self-serve tools and feed in to commercial pitches.
- Provide stakeholders with effective F2F support and ad hoc training for audience measurement tools and data whenever required.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Be the lead authority on audience measurement and research numbers, including methodology and make up of current and future surveys and reports.
- Super-user of direct data and third-party data extraction tools (e.g. Telmar, comScore and others when identified) to deliver required outputs.
- Deliver and populate best-in-class data communication formats, which allows for easy analysis for headline and deep-dive analysis.
- Interface between departments at News UK to deliver best practise for interpretation of audience measurement.
- Provide detailed written and F2F interpretation and analysis of audience measurement data, including all aspects of trend change for News UK and competitor UK newsbrands.
- As requested, deliver detailed multi-platform sales analysis of print and digital trends for News UK and UK newsbrand competitor market (including supporting AIA and external department functions).
- Understand stakeholder requirements, what tools they use and at what point they can self-serve or need specialist support to ensure their training needs are correctly met.
- Create support/training assets and collateral that can be used across a variety of training channels (e.g. F2F, printed, online, video, etc.) and easily update in the future, and share on internal channel (e.g. Insight Portal and HR learning and development system).
- Evaluate, monitor and report on KPIs to include number of people receiving audience measurement information, and those supported/trained to self-serve.
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- A media background and knowledge of…
Insight and analytics tools, such as Tableau, Telmar and Omniture.
Audience measurement data sets/surveys, such as comScore, NRS, ABC/ABCe, TGI & Touchpoints.
Industry sources, such as Mintel, eMarketer, Enders Analysis and Mediatel.
- Proven experience of data extraction, formatting, analysis and interpretation of data, and experience delivering data, analysis & interpretation into a written, table and graphical format.
- Experience supporting stakeholders through F2F and documented guidance in tool/data use.
- Excellence in presentation (written and F2F) to explain findings to stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt style, content and context to appropriate stakeholders with excellent communication skills.
- A passion for insights and analytics, combined with an understanding of how AIA assets can be exploited to drive differentiation, consumer engagement and competitive advantage.
- Experience in driving action from insight … in practical terms: encouraging stakeholders to embed and exploit outputs produced by the AIA team.
- Customer-obsessed and passionate about understanding customer needs.
- See the big picture, curious mind-set with excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ensure the delivery of quality and actionable outputs in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Think and act as if this is my own business, creating value and generating profit.
- 'Can do' approach and work to exceed expectations, comfortable ‘rolling up sleeves’.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Comfortable managing a range of activities, deadlines and stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and innovation.
- Passionate about our brands.
Measures of Success
- Audience Measurement data/survey headlines strategy.
- A clearer stakeholder understanding of numbers and trend performance.
- Outputs used to make good business decisions.
- Impact on stakeholder KPIs, e.g. numbers receiving data release, adoption of tools/data, increase in usage.
- Self-serve short cuts & documentation.
- Bespoke how to guides & data/survey explainers surfaced.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.